_______________________ RAYMOND D. BARTA, PE______________________
· Vice President – Midland Engineering
· Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer
· Experienced in capital projects, chemical plant equipment and maintenance, consumer product and process R&D, process improvement, and equipment design.
· Specific experience includes research facility and chemical plant design, piping, reactors, steam and power generation, pumps, turbines, steam boilers and generators.
· Also knowledgeable in the field of cast films, web handling and winding, static electricity problems, small profile extrusion and heat sealing.
Mechanical Engineering Capital Project Management/Specifications
Most Effective Technology Continuous Improvement Process
Process Development/Optimization Product Development
Technical Problem Solving Manufacturing Technical Support
· Completed projects and programs to improve reliability of clients’ rotating equipment.
· Created preventive maintenance programs for client’s rotating equipment.
· Set up spare parts inventory for client.
Project Engineer/Lead Mechanical Engineer 1999 - 2004
· Set up “Most Effective Technology” system for standardizing client’s equipment.
· Designed and fabricated skid-mounted processing research equipment.
· Designed plastic film research facility and equipment for client.
The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Michigan 1974 - 1998
Dow Design & Construct, Midland, Michigan 1995 - 1998
Project Engineer/Lead Mechanical Engineer
· Completed various capital & maintenance projects for agricultural and pharmaceutical product plants.
· Specified, procured and installed pumps, piping, vessels, and processing equipment.
DowBrands, Midland, Michigan 1985 - 1995
Manufacturer of plastic food containment products
· Developed solutions to technical problems related to improving winding of rolls of consumer film.
· Led a Continuous Improvement Team seeking to build trust, promote team work, maximize individual contributions, and identify and focus on value-added work.
· Coordinated the research efforts required to support the brand marketing strategies of ZIPLOC® Bag Product Management Teams.
· Identified needs, created a project scope and obtained capital for a $4MM research facilities upgrade.
· Managed the planning, engineering, spending and schedule of the research facilities upgrade project, providing capabilities to do timely research in new areas.
· Headed a multifunctional team developing concepts for continuous cleaning of hot wire plastic bag sealers to minimize downtime and increase plant efficiency.
· Developed and implemented a patented process for pleating plastic zippered bags produced on high-speed lines.
The Dow Chemical Company Power Department, Midland, Michigan 1974 - 1985
Fossil fuel steam and power generating plants and de-ionized water plant
Senior Production Engineer
· Solved day to day engineering and maintenance problems and prioritized, scheduled and coordinated maintenance, safety and operations work to maximize plant efficiency and reliability.
· Reviewed and finalized programming and started up process computer controlled de-ionized water plant operations.
· Coordinated the installation and start-up of a bag-house and tall stack on an existing coal-fired power generating station while maintaining continuous power and steam service to a chemical plant, successfully eliminating particulate and reducing operating costs.
· Managed the coordination and fieldwork in boiler coal to gas and fuel oil conversions to address SO2 pollution concerns and improve boiler availability.
· Planned, performed and recorded boiler burner management tests.
BS in Mechanical Engineering, University of Detroit, 1970
Towards Excellence I, II, & III Statistical Process and Quality Control
Dow Pumps Course Project Manager Training
Chemical Plant Hardware & Design Quality Function Deployment
Management Essentials I Web Handling & Converting Seminar
Facilitative Leadership PLC Level I